Rss Feed Tweeter button Facebook button Linkedin button Digg button Flickr button

Business Law

The Law Office of Peter A. O’Karma exists

so your company can thrive.

Whether you are just getting started…

…or looking to expand your existing business.  Our small business clients include doctors, lawyers, and biodiesal companies, with issues ranging from contract disputes, employment agreements and inter-state commerce arrangements. Business law encompasses many areas, and we are here to help you along your way. From creating your vision, to incorporating your business,  from mergers and acquisitions, to tax liabilities and consequences,  each decision you make, whether large or small, will have severe consequences on your company’s future.  We have represented companies at every stage, from partnerships just starting out, to nonprofits looking to obtain federal 501(c)3 status, and would be honored to give your company the legal advice you need to thrive.


Contact us today for a free consultation at 774-4LAW-006 or


How to start a Business

1. Choose a business name, making sure to check for availability.

2. Register the business name with local, state, and/or federal authorities.

3. Obtain any required local licenses.

4. Determine what tax and other regulatory obligations.

5.  Open a bank account for your business.

6.  If you plan to have employees:

  • you need to apply for an Employment Identification Number from the IRS. You can apply for an EIN online.
  • As a business owner or employer, there may be other informational returns that you have to file annually or semi-annually with the IRS. For more information, take a look at the IRS Guide To Information Returns.

For more information visit the Massachusetts Trial Court Law Libraries

Contact us today for a free consultation at 774-4LAW-006 or

DISCLAIMER – The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship.  Information viewed on this website IS NOT legal advice and SHOULD NOT be relied on without consulting an attorney.