The Law Office of Peter A. O’Karma exists
so your company can thrive.
…or looking to expand your existing business. Our small business clients include doctors, lawyers, and biodiesal companies, with issues ranging from contract disputes, employment agreements and inter-state commerce arrangements. Business law encompasses many areas, and we are here to help you along your way. From creating your vision, to incorporating your business, from mergers and acquisitions, to tax liabilities and consequences, each decision you make, whether large or small, will have severe consequences on your company’s future. We have represented companies at every stage, from partnerships just starting out, to nonprofits looking to obtain federal 501(c)3 status, and would be honored to give your company the legal advice you need to thrive.
1. Choose a business name, making sure to check for availability.
2. Register the business name with local, state, and/or federal authorities.
3. Obtain any required local licenses.
4. Determine what tax and other regulatory obligations.
5. Open a bank account for your business.
6. If you plan to have employees:
For more information visit the Massachusetts Trial Court Law Libraries
DISCLAIMER – The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Information viewed on this website IS NOT legal advice and SHOULD NOT be relied on without consulting an attorney.